Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Arthritis Walk 2010


I'm one of the thousands of people who are joining together in communities across America to get moving to help prevent arthritis. We are a diverse group of people who share at least one thing in common - we all know how serious and debilitating arthritis is.

You may have arthritis or probably know someone who does, but what you may NOT know is that there are over 100 forms of arthritis and related diseases. Or that 1 in 5 adults and over 300,000 children suffer with arthritis pain every day.

I'm lacing up my walking shoes and moving this year in the Arthritis Walk. The event is only one day, but the impact of the money will continue to help millions of people for years. More than ever, I'm determined to reach my fundraising goal. Please lend me your support. Just click on the link below to visit my personal web page and make a donation.   Team Vicbo donation page


I was diagnosed with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis at 18 months old.  This disease has done permanent damage to my joints that cannot be fixed.  I have already had a bilateral hip replacement, 4 reconstructive surgeries on my feet and last year I had double knee synovectomies and a torn miniscus.  I have also developed Degenerative Osteoarthritis in my neck and spine and Fibromyalgia which causes severe pain in my muscles.  I also have Osteoporosis and Colitis.  So far, I have 5 of the 106 different forms of Arthritis.  These diseases cause extreme pain, fatigue and mental stress which is sometimes unbearable.  I am 36 years old now.  I fought through school to get honor roll grades and became a certified public accountant.  About 5 years ago, I had to stop working due to all my medical problems.    My spirit keeps me fighting for a cure even when my body tells me to quit.  I will have to keep fighting to conquer these diseases for the rest of my life and that's OK. I am not my body, I am my spirit.  Please join me in my fight by joining "Team Vicbo" and walk for a cure at the Detroit Zoo on May 1, 2010.  All walk participants who arrive before 8:30 am get free admission to the zoo.  This is a family friendly event but the zoo does not allow dogs for obvious reasons so we have to leave them home this year.  Please join my fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment