Thursday, October 29, 2009

Meditation for Rheumatoid Arthritis


Every morning I spend at least an hour in meditation. Meditation helps me release any anxiety about what the day has in store for me. I listen to new age music and do breathing exercises. Try this: 10 minutes every morning, take deep slow breaths in through the nose and out through the mouth for a count of 5. Do this every day for a week and let me know how it made you feel. With a disease like Rheumatoid Arthritis, we have to keep our mind, body and spirit healthy. Many of us (including me) deal with depression and anxiety due to the pain we have to deal with. But that's just it, we have to deal with it. We cannot ignore it. I have actually brought down my pain levels at times with these breathing exercises.

I also do morning affirmations that cleanse the spirit as well. Try this one:

Look to this day, for it and it alone..is life.
In this brief course of this one day lie all the realities of your existence - the joy of living, the splendor of beauty, the glory of action.
Yesterday is but a dream, tomorrow is only a vision, but today well lived will make every yesterday a dream of happiness and each tomorrow a vision of hope.
Look well, therefore, to this one day, for it and it alone is life.


I'd love to hear what you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment